This past April saw the release of the MIL-STD-881D. We are pleased to announce that we have implemented the MIL-STD-881D into ACEIT. As the standard used by the Department of Defense you can download it for your cost estimating needs. There were some major changes from the previous MIL-STD-881C. Some of the WBS Systems present in 881D are combinations of WBSs from 881C, while others have simply been renamed. Additionally, definitions for some elements have been revised to improve clarity.
The following MIL-STD-881D system WBSs have been updated:
1. Aircraft Systems - Aircraft Systems & Unmanned Aircraft Systems merged
2. Electronic/Generic Systems
3. Ground Vehicle Systems - was "Surface Vehicle Systems"
4. Information Systems/Defense Business Systems - was "Automated Information Systems"; NEW OS Structure
5. Launch Vehicle Systems
6. Missile/Ordnance Systems - Missile Systems & Ordinance Systems merged
7. Sea Systems
8. Space Systems - NEW and revised definitions
9. Strategic Missile Systems
10. Unmanned Maritime Systems
In addition, we have also updated the following Army WBS/CES structures to include the MIL-STD-881D WBS:
1. Army CES Aircraft
2. Army CES Electronic/Generic
3. Army CES Ground Vehicle
4. Army CES Missile/Ordnance
5. Army CES Space
6. Army CES Strategic Missile
*Also included is an update to the FAA Standard WBS. The previous FAA Standard WBS is now called FAA Standard WBS version 5.1 and the latest version is called FAA Standard WBS version 5.2.
These can be downloaded from ACEIT.com under User Resources>Downloads>ACEIT Content
. Keep in mind, you will need an ACEIT.com account linked to a site with an active DMS in order to access the download, so make sure your DMS is up to date. Keeping your DMS active allows you access to all of our resources.